– Since 1992, I have been living and working in Russia, and therefore I am well familiar with the peculiarities of doing business here. In addition, I have experience in implementing major international projects.
As you probably know, China is guided by the principles of the initiative of our leader Xi Jinping – "One Belt, One Road", which are aimed at deepening economic cooperation between countries on a global scale.
The Financial and Business Association of Euro-Asian Cooperation in its structure, goals and objectives, as it seems to me, fully complies with these principles, contributing to the integration of businesses from key regions. In addition, I am impressed by the fact that the members of the FBA EAC provide assistance to the development of projects in the field of culture and science. As the head of an oilfield services company, I nevertheless consider it is necessary to deepen ties between the countries in the fields of medicine, education and the arts.
All this became the main reasons for the entry of SLC Rus Corporation into the Association, and then my acceptance of the offer to head it.
– Could you tell us more about the "One Belt, One Road" initiative? How can its principles affect your work and the activities of the FBA EAC?
– This initiative involves deepening trade and logistics cooperation within the framework of the implementation of two projects: the Silk Road Economic Belt from China to Europe and the Maritime Silk Road of the XXI Century. I hope that with my arrival, the number of projects corresponding to this initiative will increase.
– Does this mean that the focus of the Association will now be on China, as well as strengthening ties with the Asian region?
– Not necessarily. If we carefully study the goals of the "One Belt, One Road" initiative, it will become clear that this is a kind of new model of international cooperation, within the framework of which it is supposed to strengthen cooperation between both regions and countries bordering China and territories remote from the PRC. According to the results of 2021, about 140 countries of the world were involved in the "One Belt, One Road" project. In this regard, it would not be entirely correct to believe that with the arrival of a candidate from China as president of the Association, the emphasis in its work will shift towards Asia. Rather, on the contrary, in the context of the global economic downturn after the pandemic, China can act as a conductor of the gradual restoration of ties between the West and the East, contributing to the growth of economic and logistical ties. However, I really would not like to talk about such global things – it is rather for politicians. I tend to think like a representative of the business community. I have several attractive investment projects aimed at intensifying the development of Eurasian cooperation. I believe that the assessment of the FBA EAC experts, as well as the investment potential at my disposal, will be a good starting point for their launch.
– Mr. Li, are you ready to share information about these projects now?
– In general, yes, but I would still wait for the expert opinion of my colleagues from the Association.
– What is your vision of the development of the FBA EAC for the next three years? What are you planning to focus on?
– First of all, on the implementation of economic, investment and cultural projects. Due to the well-known political events, as well as due to the pandemic, business activity has slowed down somewhat, but I really hope that my work as president of the FBA EAC will help not only to restore, but also to increase the previous volume of cooperation. SLС Rus Corporation, where I am the CEO, participates in the implementation of engineering, export and cultural projects in Russia and China. However, the geography of the global SLC corporation is much wider. For example, in the bank of our works there is a project to clean the waters of natural reservoirs. The project was implemented with the assistance of scientists from three countries, one of which is located in the North American region.
I also plan to expand the participation of representatives of the Association in major events of international importance. After all, SLC is a multidisciplinary holding company with great capabilities and experience in both organizing and ensuring the presence of partners at many landmark events, such as the Chinese Expo.
I think it is important to preserve and promote the development of academic ties between universities. By the way, I now have at my disposal a very attractive investment project in the development of biopharmaceutical technologies – through the cooperation of the world's leading universities and with the key role of Russian scientists.
– What are your personal expectations from working in the Association? How will you evaluate the effectiveness of your activities in your new post?
– I expect, firstly, the growth of business ties; secondly, the implementation of already planned, and the generation of new forms of cooperation; thirdly, an increase in investment in existing areas of work. I believe that the results of all this activity will serve as an assessment of its effectiveness.
– What would you like to wish the members of the Association and those who would like to join it?
– Inexhaustible optimism and energy in the implementation of truly significant business projects, as well as the belief that together we can do much more.
Li Shuobing was born on July 1, 1971 in Chongqing (China).
He has been living and studying in Russia since 1992. He graduated from the St. Petersburg University of Civil Aviation (Bachelor's degree) and the East Siberian Institute of Economics and Law (Master's degree).
In 2001, he founded and is currently the head of JSC SLC Rus in Moscow.